CYGP is a 13 to 26-week prison reentry program that is teaching men, women and justice-involved youth how to succeed during and after incarceration.
CYGP covers 50 plus topics we have identified as most critical to an incarcerated person’s successful transition back to his or her family, community and society after prison. The CYGP program walks participants through the process of self-development, positive transformation, and prison release preparation one step at a time
- Reentry Release Preparation
- Positive/Critical Thinking
- Self Improvement
- Anger Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Building
- And More
There are three components to the CYGP program.
- Part 1 – Participants are introduced to the concept of change when they are assigned to read, do a book report, and have a discussion about Randy Kearse’s powerful journey of change and transformation told in his bestselling book Changin’ Your Game Plan: How I used Incarceration as a stepping-stone for SUCCESS. Watch how participants immediately become eager to discuss the positive messages littered throughout the book.
- Part 2 – Participants start working with and studying the reentry strategies laid out in Changin’ Your Game Plan: The Blueprint For Success During And After Incarceration. This workbook has 50+ soul searching chapters that will walk participants step-by-step through the process of self-discovery, positive transformation, and reentry preparedness. Each topic covered in CYGP is essential to meeting the following objectives; Successful Prison Reentry – Personal Development – Employment Readiness – Reducing Recidivism.
- Part 3 – Participants receive a journal called My New Game Plan: The future Starts Here, that challenges and encourages participants to keep a record of their thoughts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The journal provides a safe place for them to examine, re-examine and work out any kinks in their thinking that may get in the way of positive progress.
- Once participants finish the Changin’ Your Game Plan prison release readiness program they will have grown mentally and emotionally in ways that will help them make better choices, properly prepare for life after prison, and return to society better equipped to navigate the challenges, obstacles, and stigmas associated with having been to prison.
- Individuals on probation, parole on community supervision, or doing prison reentry programming with a non-profit, CYGP will enhance their chances of successfully meeting their supervision obligations.
- The CYGP Strategy can be implemented within correctional facilities, in partnership with the Parole/Probation Dept., and other community corrections entities as well as non-profit organizations providing services for returning citizens.
- 13 or 26 months (groups meet 2xs a week)
- 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a group
We recommend participants be offered an opportunity to participate in the programs at least 12 – 36 months before their release to ensure they complete the program and are properly prepared for their release. This will give participants the time to identify the things they need to work on most to increase their chances of a successful transition from prison back to society.
Group Participant Makeup
- Up to 25 participants per group
- Juveniles 14 to 18 years old
- Young adults 19 – 25 years old
- Adults 26 and up
We also recommend using participant groupings (when applicable) listed below because each group presents it’s own unique dynamic when mixed together. For example, older participants tend to attempt to dominate the conversation, and younger participants tend to be less expressive.
Purchase Program Options
The CYGP program is an affordable approach to prison reentry program materials. You can purchase the complete program or just the workbook curriculum in hardcopy or digital formats. The digital format gives you the option to print as you go, set the program pace, handout assignments and facilitate multiple groups year after year. Purchase one of the packages below or ask about a custom package.
Facilities, Agencies, or Non-Profits that are using Changin’ Your Game Plan
Moberly Correctional Center Moberly, Missouri 65270
A.J. Williams Meyers African Roots Library
43 Gill street
Kingston, NY 12401
Exodus Transitional Community 2271 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10035
California Correctional Center Susanville, CA 96127
Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service (HMCIPS)
Box 1807 | 24 Sheffield Drive, Northward
Grand Cayman, KY1-1109 | Cayman Islands, BWI
Green Haven Correctional Facility Stormville, NY 12582
205 E. 122nd St
NY, NY, 10035
Santa Rosa Junior College 222 Elliot Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Gifted Community Services Brooklyn, NY 11205